Monday, April 7, 2014

The Rise of Nine

Pittacus Lore

Lorien Legacies #3

15749283
Summary:
In the beginning we were a group of nine.
Nine aliens who left our home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack from the deadly Mogodorians.
We scattered on Earth and went into hiding.
We look like ordinary teenagers.
We are not.
Until I met John Smith, Number Four, I’d been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive. Together we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to seperate.
They
Caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York – but I escaped.
I am Number Six. The Mogodorians want to finish what they started.
But they’ll have to fight us first.

Plot:
This story started out okay, but I lost interest after a couple of chapters. It just didn’t seem to be going anywhere and very little of what happened had a real impact on where the story ended up, except for the fact that the kids had to have a reason to develop more legacies. The story only really started getting exciting during the last few chapters. The writing also seemed a little choppy at times. I am intrigued by some of the plot lines in these books, but I just wish the author would get to the point sooner, or at least make it a little more exciting than he did.

Characters:
The characters in this book are just okay. There are some I like more than others, but I don’t dislike any of the main characters. The bad guy intrigues me and I’m hoping that the next book will give a lot more information on him. One thing that bothered me is the fact that during most of this book Four seems to completely forget about Sarah, while he wouldn’t shut up about her in the previous books, I didn’t really mind the quiet, but it just seemed out of character for him.

Who should read this:
13+, mainly for language and violence. If you enjoyed the previous books you might like this one, just don’t expect too much. I don’t know if I would recommend this particular series to anyone, but maybe if you enjoy sci-fi stories about alien teenagers who has to fight giant monster aliens you might like this one...

My rating:
I didn’t go into this book with high expectations and yet it still managed to disappoint me a little. I struggled to get through the middle part. Even though the others were easy and quick reads I just couldn’t get into this one. So I’m rating it 2/5.

Quote:
 “A normal life. Such a simple idea, but it's almost impossible for me to picture.”

Here are my review for the previous two books: 'I Am Number Four' and 'The Power of Six'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!