Friday, March 28, 2014

The Power of Six

Pittacus Lore

Lorien Legacies #2

13480683Summary:
I’ve seen him on the news.
John Smith, out there, one the run. To the world, he’s a mystery. But to me...he’s one of us.
Nine of us came here to Earth. There are six of us left.
Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I’ve been waiting for.
And what about Number Five and Six?
They
Caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio-and failed.
I am Number Seven. One of Six still alive.
And I am ready to fight.

Plot:
This was a pretty good story, there was a little suspense and it stayed interesting. Even though the romance was still a little forced and cheesy there were some moments in this installment that I actually liked. The action scenes were pretty good, and I really liked the way we got to see more of the Mogadorians. The dialogue was not very well handled in my opinion, it didn’t sound natural and the punctuation was a little confusing at times.

Characters:
The problem with this book is that I don’t particularly like the main character. I do like Numbers Seven and Six as well as Sam, I think they’re great characters with a lot more depth to them than Four/John. There were many moments in this book where you felt for the characters, but it’s not an extreme emotional connection, just a detatched kind of response.

Who should read this:
10+, mainly for language and violence. If you enjoyed the first book you should like this one, as I think it is better. If you want an easy to read YA story about aliens with a little romance mixed in you might like this one.

My rating:
I didn’t get bored with this book, but I didn’t fall in love with it so. 3/5

Quote:
“Where are you originally from?”
“The planet Lorien, three hundred million miles away.”
“Must have been a long trip, John Smith.”

“Took almost a year. Next time I’m bringing a book.”

Read my review for the first book 'I Am Number Four' here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!