Friday, March 21, 2014

Clockwork Princess

Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices #3

18335634
Summary:
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices Trilogy.
Tessa Gray should be happy – aren’t all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to the Magister, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. The Magister needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa’s heart, will do anything to save her.

Plot:
I had very high expectations of this last installment of a truly great trilogy, and I was not disappointed. The story is fascinating, full of suspense and danger and had satisfying answers to all the question I’d collected as I read the previous books. It is also heartbreaking, and beautiful and I was so glad to see that the author didn’t lose those funny, light-hearted moments that just make this series perfect.

Characters:
I’d already fallen in love with the characters in the previous novels, I didn’t think I could love them more, but I do. I liked that Jem wasn’t shown as being as perfect in this novel as he was in the previous ones, while still remaining the character I came to know. Also, Will Herondale...no need to say more...All the characters developed and changed, but remained true to themselves, which is not an easy thing for a writer to accomplish.

Who should read this:
13+, there’s a lot of violence, a little language and some sexual content. Once again, if the demons/angels theme or the idea of magic is objectionable to you, don’t read this series. If you liked the first and second books (or even just the first one) don’t stop now, this is a perfect conclusion. A must for any fans of fantasy/supernatural YA books.

My rating:
This trilogy started of amazing and just kept getting better. I loved every second of reading it, and I’m only sad that it’s now over. It had me crying and smiling and laughing all at the same time, and was just an all around great read. 5/5

Quote:
“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.”

Read my review for 'Clockwork Angel' and 'Clockwork Prince'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!