Friday, March 7, 2014

Clockwork Prince

Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices #2

10025305
Summary:
Love and lies can corrupt even the purest heart...
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, while her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will – the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers to who she is and what she was born to do? As their search for the truth leads the three friends into peril, Tessa’s heart is increasingly torn, especially when one of their own betrays them...

Plot:
I really enjoyed this part of the story. Questions I was left with after reading the first novel were answered and new ones were asked, and now I can’t wait to read the last part of this trilogy. The supposed surprise twist weren't as surprising as I would've liked and I did miss all those funny moments that I loved in the first book: there weren’t as many of them in this installment. There was still enough emotional moments that had me really feeling for the characters to draw me into the story and keep me interested.

Characters:
I fell even more in love with the characters in this book. I don’t think Tessa is the most remarkable character, but I also think that a relatable and relatively normal main character has it’s own merit. It makes it easier for the reader to put themselves in their shoes. The two main male characters, Jem and Will, are both incredible, although I do like Will better, simply because he’s not as perfect and seems more realistic than Jem. I loved the minor characters and their roles and I really felt like all of them developed, even if it wasn’t in a good way.

Who should read this:
13+, There is some violence, language and mild sexual content. Once again I feel like I should mention that if you have a problem with the whole ‘Angels vs. Demons’ thing, or with magic in general this might not be the one for you. I definitely recommend this trilogy to anyone who likes supernatural YA fiction. Although if you didn’t like the first one I don’t recommend continuing since I didn’t like this one as much, although I still loved it.

My rating:                 
Like I said, I didn’t love this installment quite as much as the first one, but I still loved it, and I can’t really find anything wrong with it. So I’m still giving it a 5/5.

Quote:
“Reparations,” said Jem very suddenly, setting down the pen he was holding.
Will looked at him in puzzlement. “Is this a game? We just blurt out whatever word comes next to mind? In that case mine is ‘genuphobia’. It means an unreasonable fear of knees.”
“What’s the word for a perfectly reasonable fear of annoying idiots?” inquired Jessamine.”

Read my review for 'Clockwork Angel'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!