Monday, March 3, 2014

Tiger's Quest

Colleen Houck

The Tiger Saga #2

9662386
Summary:
Back in Oregon,Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest. This time with Ren’s dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger’s Curse.

Plot:
I have to admit I was very disappointed by the first half of this book. The similarities with Twilight, the constant moping and the fact that nothing much really happened bothered me. However it did get better towards the second half and I ended up really liking the rest of it. I still really liked the setting in India and all the different cultures shown in the novel. However, I felt like the story was trying too hard at times, and the author still couldn’t get those moments that were meant to be epic right.

Characters:
I really liked Kelsey in the first book, but she annoyed me at times in this one. I don’t dislike her, but there were times when her constant moping and depression was a bit irritating. I get it, she’s sad, but there weren’t any of those light, funny moments that I loved in the first books. I really did like Kishan however, I’ve always found dark, damaged characters fascinating, and, although he isn’t exactly the most interesting one I’ve ever read about, I still really like him. I was slightly disappointed with Ren in the end though, but that might have been the author’s intention and it served a purpose.

Who should read this:
10+, there were some frightening parts, but the violence is not too extreme, however it is an action story, so if you can’t handle a bit of fighting etc then don’t read this. There weren’t any language and the sexual content is pretty mild. The Indian culture and religion may bother some people, but I felt that a book that combines Buhddism with stories about fairies shouldn’t be a problem for most people...If, however this offends you don’t read this book. It still think fans of Twilight should enjoy this series, but if you didn’t love the first book I don’t suggest reading this one.

My rating:
Like I said, the first part of this book really didn’t do it for me, and I wasn’t nearly as in love with this installment as the first one. 3/5

Quote:
“You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes, and her eyes everywhere in the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!