Friday, February 28, 2014

Nicolae

Jerry B. Jenkins & Tim LaHaye

Left Behind #3

228260
Summary:
In Nicolae, the most explosive of the three books thus far, the seven-year tribulation is nearing the end of the first quarter, when prophecy says that “the wrath of the Lamb” will be poured out upon the earth. Rayford Steele becomes the ears of the tribulation saints at the highest levels of the Carpathia regime. Meanwhile, Buck Williams attempts a dramatic all-night rescue run from Israel through the Sinai that will hold you breathless to the end.
                             
Plot:
This book is definitely the best in the series so far. It was more thrilling than either of the other novels and is the first in the series that I couldn’t put down. Where I previously felt there was something missing I didn’t feel like that in this novel. Even though it didn’t have any twists or turns this one had enough action and suspense to make it captivating. I still felt like some of the writing could’ve been better, especially the dialogue (no one talks in such full sentences when they’re in mortal peril), but overall I really enjoyed reading this part of the series.

Characters:
I was hoping for a little more development in the main characters, but my opinion on them hasn’t changed much. I think they’re relatable and likable, but not extremely memorable. I do think that the villian is the best character (not the most likable, obviously, but the best as far as storytelling, description etc goes). He is really terrifying. I also liked that we see some more of the minor characters that were mentioned in the previous books.

Who should read this:
13+, for a lot of violence and some references to sexual things. If you enjoyed the previous books I definitely recommend this for you, I think it’s the best so far. If you didn’t like the previous installments...well don’t read this one...

My rating:
I really liked reading this book. I don’t think I’ll add it to my favorites, it wasn’t profound or incredible, but I didn’t feel like putting it down and I didn’t get bored so. 4/5

Quote:
'It was the worst of times; it was the worst of times.'

Here are the links to my reviews of the previous installments: Left Behind & Tribulation Force

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!