Tuesday, May 13, 2014

We'll Always Have Summer

Jenny Han

Summer #3

8680278
Summary:
Isabel has only ever loved two boys, Conrad and Jeremiah Fisher.
One broke her heart; the other made her happier than she ever thought she’d be. But each brother is keeping a secret, and this summer Isabel must choose between the Fisher boys, once and for all.

Plot:
Like the previous books in this series this book’s story is pretty generic. What makes this series good, however, is the author’s way of making sure the reader never knows what to expect. It never becomes predictable and you’re never sure if the character is going to do what you want or not. The writing is fun and light and very easy to read. I like that these books are all similar enough to make the whole series flow together, but still each unique enough that you still don’t know what exactly is going to happen.

Characters:
The character growth in this instalment is much more than in the previous two in my opinion. Belly is now finished with High-School and attending college and is much more mature than in the previous books, even though she still has a lot to learn. Her character stays very true to herself throughout the series, she grows, but never really changes. I also liked how the boys were more responsible and mature and you see them becoming men.

Who should read this:
13+, mainly for language and references to sex. If you’re looking for a cute contemporary series that’s very easy and quick to read and still has some emotional moments this is definitely one you should check out. If you’re looking for a series that’s going to have a profound impact on you this is probably not the one for you. This is definitely aimed towards girls.

My rating:
I enjoyed this book, I also got the ending I wanted (even if it’s not what everyone wanted), but I wasn’t sure of anything until the very end, which is always good. 4/5

Quote:
He didn’t give me flowers or candy. He gave me the moon and the stars. Infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!