Thursday, May 15, 2014

Poison Heart

S.B. Hayes

12790634
Summary:
Who is the real Genevieve?
What are her secrets?
Why is she determined to destroy Katy’s life?
Wherever Katy turns, Genevieve is there – at school, with Katy’s friends, and worst of all, trying to steal Katy’s hot new boyfriend.
Though popular with everyone else, Genevieve has a menacing side, a dangerous side that she only reveals to Katy.
Is Genevieve simply a troubled girl with a difficult childhood? Or does something sinister, something unearthly, lie behind that beautiful smile?

Plot:
I thought this book started off well, it drew me in and had me intrigued, but about half way through it lost me. It got predictable and the big twist didn’t surprise me at all. The story did get really exciting and interesting in the last few pages, but the way the author ended it didn’t pull the threads of the story together very well in my opinion.

Characters:
I totally get what the author’s intentions were with these characters, she wanted to make them really confusing and intriguing and have you wondering what was going on inside their heads. And mostly it worked. However it never felt realistic to me and I didn’t really connect with any of the characters. I usually like reading about strange and even disturbed characters, but these just didn’t interest me all that much.

Who should read this:
13+, mainly for the strange themes of this book, but also for mild language and sexual content. I don’t think I’d recommend this to anyone. Maybe if you really like creepy stories, but I still think there are better ones out there.

My rating:
I went from being really into this book at the beginning to not interested at all during the middle to really intrigued at the end, but overall I was a little disappointed, even though I didn’t have very high expectations. 2/5

Quote:
I’m your worst nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!