Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Soul Harvest

Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

Left Behind #4

547731
Summary:
Rayford Steele and Buck Williams have survived the wrath of the Lamb, a global earthquake in the twenty-first month of the Tribulation. As the world hurtles toward the Trumpet Judgments and the great soul harvest prophesied in Scripture, Rayford and Buck begin searching for their loved ones from different corners of the world.

Plot:
This installment, while better than the first ones weren’t as good as the previous one. It started of a little all over the place, and although that might have served a purpose the story only began moving forward after about 150 pages. After that it was pretty good, with more intrigue and suspense than I’ve come to expect from this series, as well as some funny moments which is always a good thing in a book with such a tragic theme.

Characters:
The characters do show some development in this installment and one or two of them even surprised me. I still don’t feel a personal connection to any of them, but I do like them and root for them while I’m reading. I still think the villian is a brilliant and extremely frightening character, but it didn’t come through as obviously in this book as it did in the previous ones.

Who should read this:
13+, there’s a lot of violence and the descriptions are pretty graphic. There are some references to sexual content, but it’s very mild and there is no language. If you liked all the previous books then you should like this one, but if you didn’t then don’t expect this one to be different.

My rating:
I enjoyed this installment, but it didn’t suck me in like the previous one, which I really liked. 3/5

Quote:
“He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep [this temporal life] to gain what he cannot lose [eternal life with Christ].”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!