Monday, February 17, 2014

Tribulation Force

Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

Left Behind #2

228258
Summary:
In one cataclysmic moment, millions around the globe disappear.
Those left behind face war, famine, plagues, and natural disasters so devastating that only one in four people will survive. Odds are even worse for enemies of the Antichrist and his new world order.
Rayford Steele, Buck Williams, Bruce Barnes, and Chloe Steele band together to form the Tribulation Force. Their task is clear, and their goal is nothing less than to stand and fight the enemies of God during the seven most chaotic years the planet will ever see.

Plot:
I enjoyed this book more than the first in the series, maybe because I knew the characters and could sympathize with them more. However, I still felt like there was something missing from the story as a whole. The concept behind the book is fascinating, but the subject matter is depressing and I would’ve liked some more twists and turns to make it truly great. The story had many sad and scary parts, but there are enough lighter, happier moments to make it bearable.

Characters:
There aren’t very many new characters in this story. The old characters do grow a bit, but I feel like there could’ve been a bit more development. The ‘villain’ got even scarier in this installment as he starts shedding the ‘good, peace-loving guy’ mask he’d been hiding behind. I like all the main characters and I feel like they’re very relatable, but maybe a little generic at times.

Who should read this:
13+, the previous one I rated a 10, but I feel like the scary themes were more extreme in this installment. There are no language and almost no sexual content. If you enjoyed the first book read this one, but if you didn’t don’t bother, they’re very similar.

My rating:
I enjoyed this, but there are a lot of things I would’ve liked the authors to change so 3/5

Quote:
The odds are, only one of the four members of the Tribulation Force will survive the next seven years...

Read my review for the first book: 'Left Behind'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!