Monday, October 28, 2013

Gossip Girl

Cecily von Ziegesar

Gossip Girl #1


22188
Summary:
Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep-sometimes with each other.
S is back from boarding school, and if we aren't careful, she's going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn't fit into, steal our boyfriends' hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I'll be watching closely...
You know you love me,
gossip girl

Plot:
This book is slightly confusing, especially if you haven’t watched the ‘Gossip Girl’ TV series. I have seen a couple of episodes from that, but despite that it was a little hard to follow. This is mainly because you usually don’t know who is narrating, whether it is ‘gossip girl’ or not. The story also seems a little silly, with not much really happening. Mainly it’s just about rich kids fighting with each other about stupid things...I feel like it had a lot of potential, but I would’ve liked a more original or entertaining storyline.

Characters:
I don’t like any of the characters in this book. In the TV series, some of the characters are at least decent people, but none in the book are even remotely likable. All of them are mean to someone else, are trying too hard or are just being a very bad friend. Although they are probably very relatable to some people, with all their problems etc. I would’ve liked at least one character that I could root for.

Who should read this:
13+, mainly for language, which there are a lot of, as well as quite a bit of sexual content, as you can see from the summary. I wouldn’t recommend this for anyone, honestly, but if you’re looking for a book about teenagers fighting about boyfriends etc, then I suppose you might like this one. This was definitely written with girls in mind.

My rating:
I really don’t like this book, the characters, the storyline, everything. I feel like the setting was a good idea, but it becomes stereotypical, and nothing really interesting seems to happen in the story...1/5

Quote:
“Oh, don't be a spoilsport. Gossip is sexy. Gossip is good. Not everybody does it, but everybody should!”
(I'm not agreeing here, I just feel like this sums up the intelligence level of this book pretty well...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!