Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pretty Little Liars

Sara Shepard

Pretty Little Liars #1


Pretty Little Liars Book CoverSummary: 
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back? A strong launch for a suspenseful series.

Plot:
I found this story a little hard to follow, the writer uses very long sentences which make it a little hard to read as well. It’s a pretty good story that kept me guessing, but sometimes I didn’t know exactly what was going on. There’s a lot of characters and it takes a while for you to realise who is who. The ending is pretty well handled, ending with a cliff-hanger that will make you want to read the rest of the series.

Characters:
I didn’t hate any of the characters, but I didn’t particularly like them either. Most of them are your typical teenage girls, with their typical problems. You have the weight-obsessed one, the good-girl-gone-bad etc. They were pretty clichéd, but luckily the story saved this from being just another teens-with-problems book.

Who should read this?
13+, as there are many references to mature content. Definitely written with teenage girls in mind, this might be an interesting break from your normal teen girl romance stories. If you want something different, but still relatable, I might suggest this one.

My rating:
I didn’t particularly like this book. Yes the story kept me interested, but I didn’t feel connected to the characters or their problems, and the story wasn’t written well enough to have my full attention. I found it a little hard to read and follow. 2/5

Quote:
"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead”

Ps. Sorry for taking so long to upload this, I've had it written for a while now, but kept forgetting to put it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!