Monday, June 24, 2013

The Bride Collector

Ted Dekker

Summary:
FBI Special agent Brad Raines is facing his toughest case yet. A Denver serial killer has killed four beautiful young women, leaving a bridal veil at each crime scene, and he's picking up his pace. Unable to crack the case, Raines appeals for help from a most unusual source: residents of the Center for Wellness and Intelligence, a private psychiatric institution for mentally ill individuals who are extraordinarily gifted.

Plot:
Horrifyingly brilliant, sickeningly ingenious and terribly excellent, this book reels you in and ties you up so tightly you won’t be able to get away. The story had me scared and amazed and thrilled all the way through. The writing is incredible, I’m pretty sure Ted Dekker is a slightly insane genius, just like most of his characters…The symbolism and deeper meanings you could get out of this book are so many I’m not even going to try to explain them. This is an incredible, but horrific story.

Characters:
This book’s characters will have you questioning your own sanity, beliefs and ideas. The scary part is that while many of them are clinically insane you can still sort of relate to them. They are excellently portrayed and you find yourself appalled and enthralled by them.

Who should read this?
16+, this book scared me, and that doesn’t happen very often. The violence and sheer insanity of the ‘bad guy’ is so cruel and sick that I would definitely recommend caution, but aside from that there’s very little mature content. This is an excellent psychological thriller that will have your mind reeling, but it’s not an easy read. If you prefer something relaxing and simple, this is the wrong book for you. However, I will recommend this to anyone who are interested in psychology, or who likes books that will have you on the edge of your seat throughout.

My rating:
This is not my usual type of book, I found myself hating it and loving it at the same time, which was really confusing. The horrifying, terrible and cruel actions of the ‘bad guy’ terrified me, but this book is sheer genius. So I have no idea what to rate this right now…I’m giving it…a 4/5, the ending did it for me…

Quote:
“Everyone is a lonely victim of life's complexity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!