Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Truth about Forever

Sarah Dessen


Summary: 
Macy's summer stretches before her, carefully planned and outlined. She will spend her days sitting at the library information desk. She will spend her evenings studying for the SATs. Spare time will be used to help her obsessive mother prepare for the big opening of the townhouse section of her luxury development.
But Macy's plans don't anticipate a surprising and chaotic job with Wish Catering, a motley crew of new friends, or…Wes. Tattooed, artistic, anything-but-expected Wes. He doesn't fit Macy's life at all-so why does she feel so comfortable with him? So…happy? What is it about him that makes her let down her guard and finally talk about how much she misses her father, who died before her eyes the year before?

Plot:
This is a very likable book, it gives you the ending you wanted. It had me smiling at times, and had me feeling sad at others, but it didn’t make me laugh out loud or cry my eyes out. The ending is quite predictable, although I appreciate the author’s attempt at making it slightly different. It was cute, and fun and nice, but not very memorable.

Characters:
The characters in this book, unlike the story, are quite interesting and quirky. They all have their own weird uniqueness that make you wonder about their stories. And thankfully the author does give us a bit of a backstory on most. I really liked most of the characters, even the ones that were supposed to be less likable. I didn’t fall in love with any of them, but I like them, and they are much more memorable than the story.

Who should read this?
10+, there’s very little mature content, some language, and the topic of death is brought up quite often. I think this is essentially a teen chic lit book, and I don’t think guys will appreciate it. If you like nice, light romantic books, with a slight sad twist, you will probably like this one

My rating:
I liked this book, it's not going to make my favorites any time soon, but it’s one of those relaxing books I enjoy very much when I don’t feel like thinking. It’s just a very likable book overall. I’ll give it a 3/5.

Quote:
“I like flaws. I think they make things interesting.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!