Sunday, June 23, 2013

People Like Us


Summary:
While settling his recently deceased father's estate, a salesman discovers he has a sister whom he never knew about, leading both siblings to re-examine their perceptions about family and life choices

Plot:
I really liked this story, it was well paced and interesting and it had a great ending. There was enough mystery and suspense to keep it interesting, and enough emotional moments to keep me engaged, but not crying the whole time I was watching. There were some humorous moments, that didn’t distract from the main storyline, but still managed to keep the mood a little more positive. Essentially this is a movie about forgiveness, family and love.

Characters:
The characters in this movie are very human. They make mistakes (a lot of them), and they get hurt. They are interesting and sometimes slightly stupid. They make you laugh and they make you cry. I found all the characters in this movie interesting, if not exactly likable. My favorite character was definitely the young boy, he was incredibly funny and really likable, although quite naughty.

Cinematography:
Good. It wasn’t exceptional, but for this type of movie you want the emphasis on the story and the characters, you want the viewer to forget it’s a movie. While the photography and lighting and everything helped set the mood it did so without you really noticing until you look for it.

Who should watch this:
(PG13)There are some mature content, like violence and some language etc. People who like movies that has a bit of humor and a bit of sadness will like this.

My rating:
I really enjoyed this movie, it was cute and sad and funny all in one. 3/5

Quote:
I hope you never have to know what it's like to love someone and then find out you're not enough. I was trying to protect you from ever feeling that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!