Thursday, July 31, 2014

Turbo


Summary:
After a freak accident infuses him with the power of super-speed, Turbo kicks into overdrive and embarks on an extraordinary journey to achieve the seemingly impossible: competing in the world's fastest race, the Indianapolis 500. With the help of his tricked-out streetwise snail crew, this ultimate underdog puts his heart and shell on the line to prove that no dream is too big, and no dreamer too small.

Plot:
This was a really sweet story, but I feel like it’s all been done before, the racecars, the animal who wants to be something unusual and gets a human to help him. It could have been really original if Cars and Ratatouille hadn’t already exsisted. That being said it was really cute in a clichéd type of way. It had its funny moments, and it’s just a fun movie, without trying too hard to be deep or emotional.

Characters:
The characters are a bit eccentric, all of them, but they’re lots of fun. I liked Turbo a lot, he’s a very likable guy...uhm snail...and his snail buddies are all quite funny, if a little generic. I liked the humans as well, they were a little overshadowed by the snails (haha, they’re overshadowed by snails...no you’re right it’s not funny...), but they were still interesting enough.

Cinematography:
Pretty good, the animation is colourful and inventive, and doesn’t try too hard to be realistic, the music isn’t exactly my style, but it fit the feel of the movie well.

Who should watch this:
If you’re looking for a nice, clean movie for your kids this is definitely one I’d recommend. Seeing as how they like watching the same movie over and over again they won’t mind that it’s kind of similar to many other kids’ movies out there, and if they loved Cars or Ratatouille, and you’re tired of watching that, try this one... However, don’t expect to love this if you’re an adult, this is not that type of kids’ movie.

My rating:
While this was a sweet story, it didn’t have the same entertainment value that the previously mentioned movies did in my opinion, which is sad because it’s a great premise. The characters and animation were good, but honestly, I probably won’t watch this again.  3/5

Quote:
Turbo: Are you crazy?
Whiplash: Yeah, I'm crazy! What made you think I was sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!