Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Lorax



Summary:
The latest Dr. Seuss book to get the Hollywood treatment revolves around The Lorax, who would like to fix the pollution in his town caused by a greedy industrialist. Help arrives in the form of a young man desperate to impress his girlfriend by producing a real tree, not the plastic ones they have in town. This sets up the battle between the young man, The Lorax, and the evil mayor.

Plot:
I found this to be a very sweet and funny story, although I would’ve preferred a little subtlety with the whole ‘save the earth’ theme. It made me laugh, had me slightly sad, and it got the message across. It was cute.

Characters:
I really want a singing fish! Anyways…the characters were also incredibly cute, and quite funny. They were fun, upbeat, well most of them anyway, and they sang. So they were great. Is it just me or does the ‘bad guy’ looks like that dressmaker from ‘the Incredibles’? Just wondering.

Cinematography:
Okay, I loved the way the ‘paradise’ place at the start was portrayed, the colors were used well throughout this film. If you’ve seen ‘Horton hears a Who’ you would know what to expect. Not the greatest animation, but somehow it works.

Who should watch this:
(PG) This movie is definitely aimed towards kids, there are no mature content at all, not even crude jokes. I don’t think anyone over the age of 10 would really love this movie, although I did like it (yes I am over 10).

My rating:
I liked this movie, only now I really want a singing fish, and I don’t know where to find one, so that’s quite sad… 3/5

Quote:
It's not about what it is. It's about what it can become. Just like... you're not just a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!