Friday, May 31, 2013

The Little Mermaid

 Summary:
A mermaid princess makes a bargain with an unscrupulous sea hag in order to meet a human prince on land.
Disregarding her father's order to stay away from the world above the sea, she swims to the surface and, in a raging storm, rescues the prince of her dreams. Determined to be human, she strikes a bargain with the devious sea witch, Ursula, and trades her fins and beautiful voice for legs. With her best friend, the adorable and chatty Flounder, and her reluctant chaperone Sebastian, the hilarious, reggae-singing Caribbean crab, at her side, Ariel must win the prince's love and save her father's kingdom - all in a heart-pounding race against time!

Plot:
I love this story, I always have. It’s just so beautiful and fun and sad and wonderful! I love musicals, or any movies with music, and this is one of my favorites of Disney. The story is so well known, I don’t really know what else to say about it.

Characters:
Oh, I love the characters in this movie! Flounder, the wimpy best friend. Sebastian the crabby, singing crab. Ariel, the headstrong, beautiful, innocent mermaid. King Triton, stern, but loving. Ursula, the evil sea-witch. Her two pets, the eels! The French cook! The prince (no need to say more)!!! They’re all marvelous.

Cinematography:
This is quite an old movie, so the animation isn’t quite as good as today’s, but I like the old feel of it. The best part as far as the animation go is probably the scene where they sing ‘kiss the girl’. The fireflies and the different birds, makes it wonderfully romantic.

Who should watch this:
(A), is the official rating. There is no adult content, although Ursula might scare some little kids (she scares me! :P). Lovers of all the Disney princess classics, or any Disney classics really should have watched this already! Perfect for little girls (like me).

My rating:
I love this movie, because I’m a kid and a hopeless romantic (heehee). 4/5

Quote:
Scuttle: I haven't seen this in years, this is *wonderful*!
Ariel: What is it?
Scuttle: A banded, bulbous snarfblatt.
Ariel, Flounder: Ohhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!