Sunday, May 4, 2014

School's Out Forever

James Patterson

Maximum Ride #2

13139Summary:
The heart-stopping quest of six winged kids--led by fourteen-year-old Max--to find their parents and investigate the mind-blowing mystery of their ultimate destiny continues when they're taken under the wing of an FBI agent and attempt, for the first time, to live "normal" lives. But going to school and making friends doesn't stop them from being relentlessly hunted by sinister spies, who lead Max to face her most frightening match yet: a new and better version of herself.

Plot:
I really enjoyed this sequel. Just like the first one this book was filled with thrilling action sequences, but what I liked about it most was the way the author described the quieter moments between the characters. The story stayed interesting and full of suspense, with many twists and turns, but I liked that it wasn’t just one action-packed fight sequence throughout.

Characters:
The character development in this book was great. I liked the main character's more emotional moments, and I also really enjoy her dry sense of humor. I enjoyed watching the relationships between her and the rest of the flock grow and develop as well. I also liked that the author added some parts from the villains’ perspectives, which just gave a little more depth to him and made him a little easier to understand, and even sympathize with him at times.

Who should read this:
13+, mainly for language and violence, as well as the concept of experimentation on children which is obviously a little disturbing. If you enjoyed the first book you will definitely like this one, if you didn’t don’t bother, it’s not that different. This series is definitely for people who want an action-packed book with great characters that's not too hard to read.

My rating:
I’m not a huge action/adventure story fan, so that’s probably why this series will not be joining my favourites, but I really enjoyed reading this book. 4/5.

Quote:
I hoped I wasn’t truly dead. That would make finding our parents and saving the world really hard.

Read my review for the first book 'The Angel Experiment' here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!