Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mrs. Doubtfire



Summary: 
After a bitter divorce, an actor disguises himself as a female housekeeper to spend time with his children held in custody by his former wife.

Plot:
This is a great story of a father who would do literally anything to be with his kids. It’s hilarious in all the right places and yet serious when needed. The story is inspiring, funny and very entertaining.

Characters:
This movie shows of all of Robin Williams’ talents as an actor-his natural talent, humor and his incredible talent with voices and accents. The characters are generally very likable, although they’re not perfect. They’re relatable and yet not boring, and I thought they were all wonderful.

Cinematography:
Good, for a movie that was made in 1993. Actually very impressive if one keeps that in mind. It never distracts from the story.

Who should watch this:
(PG-13) mainly for some rude humor, references to mature content and language. Any fans of Williams should have watched this already. If you enjoy movies that are different, yet relatable I would definitely recommend this one.

My rating:
I really, really enjoyed this movie. It made me laugh, and I started to care for the characters. 5/5

Quote:
[Trying to get false teeth out of glass]
Mrs. Doubtfire: Carpe dentum. Seize the teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!