Monday, June 3, 2013

Thr3e

Ted Dekker

Summary:
Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your greatest enemy. Kevin Parson is driving his car late one summer day when, suddenly, his cell phone rings. A man who identifies himself as Slater speaks in a breathy voice: You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse, and the car you're driving will blow sky high.
Kevin panics. Who would make such a call? What sin? Kevin ditches the car. Precisely three minutes later, a massive explosion sets his world on a collision course with madness.

Plot:
This was an exceptionally good story that had my mind reeling. The author’s use of suspense throughout made this book impossible to put down. The pace was thrillingly fast, without one moment of nothing happening. Gripping! I could say a lot more, but I'm afraid of giving something away...So, read it!

Characters:
This book emphasized a belief I’ve had for a while, that no person on this planet is completely and utterly evil. The characters in this book are incredibly ‘fascinating’ (read the book to understand the quotation marks). You find yourself rooting for them and fearing for their lives, feeling sorry for some and loathing others.

Who should read this?
13+, only because this is a thriller. Some violence and strange behavior is the only mature content. This is not an easily understood story, so if you want something simple and straightforward, this isn’t the one for you. However if you’re looking for something that will stimulate your mind and make you see the world and people differently you should definitely read this one. If you like books that will hook you from page one and keep you on the edge of the seat this is perfect for you. I’ll recommend this to anyone interested in psychology and who likes thrillers.

My rating:
As you can see from my review (sorry about the raving, I just can’t find anything bad about this book) I loved this book! One of my new favorites and I will definitely be reading more of Dekker’s stories as soon as possible! 5/5

Quote:
“Though being freed from sin, most remain slaves, blinded and gagged by their own deception.”

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 03, 2013

    so great to know that someone made a review out of this amazing novel, the movie didnt make any justice @ all. hope you will read & critique more of Ted Dekker books coz he brings out many unexpected chills & thrills. in my opinion, his style of writing is way better than Stephen King's slow pace stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be reading and reviewing more of his books. And I agree, this was an incredible read! :)

      Delete

Tell me what you think! I'm always open to suggestions. Just no mean/vulgar comments please!